LDD is committed to ensuring that all of its activities are completed in an environmentally responsible manner. Our aim is to prevent pollution at all times and apply continual improvement to better our overall environmental performance.
The Managing Director of LDD will take overall responsibility for the management of this policy.
In order to minimise our impacts on the environment LDD will conduct its activities as follows:
- Identify the environmental aspects and impacts that our activities and those of our contractors have on the environment and minimise these through the adoption of appropriate working practices, engineering solutions and training as far as reasonably practicable
- LDD will take steps to ensure that all statutory and legal duties are met at all times
- LDD will comply with the requirements of applicable British, Australian and international standards
- The successful implementation of this policy requires total commitment from all LDD employees and contractors. Each individual has an obligation to take the necessary steps to prevent and minimise environmental impacts
- Every LDD employee and contractor will be given appropriate information, instruction, supervision and training as is necessary to enable them to contribute to reducing the identified aspects and impacts
- Adequate facilities and arrangements will be maintained to enable LDD’s employees, contractors and representatives to consult on and raise, environmental issues
- A QHSE Manager is appointed to assist LDD in meeting its statutory duties including, where appropriate, specialists from outside organisations; and
- Objectives and targets will be set on an annual basis and progress against them monitored
This policy will be regularly monitored to ensure that objectives are achieved. It will be reviewed and, if necessary, revised in light of legislative or organizational changes.