Health, Safety & Welfare Policy
LDD are committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of all of our employees and those that work with and alongside us who may be affected by our operations. Our overall goal is to do what we say, when we say, safely with no harm to anybody or anything with commitment to continual improvement.
View our Health, Safety and Welfare Policy here
In order to achieve LDD’s goal of providing a safe place to work, free of accidents or injuries, the following actions will be taken:
- LDD will take steps to ensure that all statutory and legal duties are met at all times;
- Create a safe working environment by ensuring hazards are identified and minimised to an acceptable level through risk assessment, appropriate working practices, engineering solutions and training;
- LDD employees will be given appropriate information, instruction, supervision and training as is necessary to enable the safe performance of all relevant work activities
- Every employee or contractor must co-operate with the Company to enable all statutory duties to be complied with
- The successful implementation of this policy requires total commitment from all employees and contractors. Each individual has a legal obligation to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and for the safety of other people who may be affected by their acts or omissions
- It will be made clear that we always have time to undertake activities safely. If unsafe conditions are observed it is a Company expectation that work is stopped when safe to do so, an effective solution identified and implemented before work resumes
- Adequate facilities and arrangements will be maintained to enable employees, contractors and their representatives to consult on and raise health and safety matters
- A QHSE Manager Competent people will be appointed to assist the Company in meeting our statutory duties including, where appropriate, specialists from outside organisations, and
- Objectives and targets will be set on an annual basis and progress towards them monitored
All LDD employees and those working for LDD have a responsibility for their own personal health and safety and for those around them by reporting unsafe acts and/or equipment. Appropriate resources will be allocated to ensure that identified improvements are implemented in a timely manner.
The policy will be regularly monitored to ensure that objectives are achieved. It will be reviewed and if necessary, revised in light of legislative or organisational changes.
LDD is certified by DNV to BS-OHSAS 18001:2007